Brussels today, tomorrow the world

Wednesday, November 30, 2005, posted by jon at 12:19 PM | 4 comments

Today reader, you find me in Brussels, heart of the European community. I'd love to say that I'm here to negotiate a place at the Olympics, but sadly, I'm here for work - the stuff that pays my bills.

Good news : Sao Tome Principality have sent confirmation of my email

Bad news : Apple Inc do not wish to get involved. Tsk.

Actually, Apple said that given the money they've donated this year, they regret that there is no more budget left for 2005. Mmm... have they not noticed? I'm in this for the long term. In 6 weeks time, when January comes around, I shall reapply. Can't be fobbed off that easy, I'm made of slightly firmer stuff.

A rather helpful reader has suggested two further sports to try : Tennis and Handball. They'll be added to my potential sport list in due course.

Another correspondent (ok, Colin, my friend) has volunteered to film and photo me taking part in each and every Olympic discipline to allow me to get a feel for the sport and to help define how I'll participate. Dear reader, it's going to be no fun.

4 Comments:

  • Hi JP,

    The problem with handball is that it is a team sport.

    How about shooting. there is always the 10m air rifle.

    Of course you could always consider greco roman wrestling....

    Perhaps not eh!

    By Anonymous davydine, at 12:54 PM  

  • Handball - a team sport you save Davy? woooooah. That'll never do.

    Ok, scrap that. Ignore handball - no longer interested. However, I guess I can still have tennis?

    Keep reading, glad you have you here.

    - J

    By Blogger jon, at 6:57 PM  

  • ooo... sorry, forgot to mention - Greco-Roman wrestling! Good thinking Davy. Love that suggestion - I shall add it to the list of sporting disciplines when I get a moment.

    Thanks for reading, - J

    By Blogger jon, at 6:58 PM  

  • Jon,

    I think that Darts is trying to become a recognised sport, I don't know about when it will be an olympic sport, though!.

    Still, indoor work with no heavy lifting!

    =======
    Host Name 82-34-99-20.cable.ubr06.gill.blueyonder.co.uk
    IP Address 82.34.99.20
    Country United Kingdom
    Region England
    City Rochester
    ISP Telewest-hsd_1-basildon
    ==========

    This is me, by the way!

    Barry

    By Blogger gnomethang, at 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home