Another 2012 Olympic Competitor?

Wednesday, December 07, 2005, posted by jon at 9:55 PM | 2 comments

Well, not quite.

A very astute reader has been googlin' on my behalf and made a rather startling discovery : there has already been one of me and I'm the second. I'd best explain.

I'd rather not give my full name here, although you may already know it, but it appears that a gentlemen with the same name has already competed at the Olympic Games. Amazing. My correspondent suggests an 'easy' fix : change my name.

I'm not I'm quite prepared for this move. It's quite a step to offer to change my nationality.

- J (Although maybe not J anymore, maybe H. Or. K. Or a different J)

2 Comments:

  • You should save the name-change thing as a barganing chip. Either to make it match your host country, or as a branding opportunity. J. Intel. Coke A. Cola. R. U. ReadyForNike.

    By Blogger Worldgineer, at 10:57 PM  

  • You could create a limited company - as under UK Law a registered company has the same rights as an indivdual. Call it something like "Nike Adidas" [You might have trouble with that one though] to help clean up on advertising - Also get a Trade Mark, in case you end up on TV and guest appearances. Then enter Nike Adidas Ltd (tm) as your competitor name.

    By Blogger Dub, at 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home