Bahmy Bahamas

Friday, December 16, 2005, posted by jon at 1:37 PM | 6 comments

Today is a cold winter's day here in London. It's no more than 5 degrees C and although sunny, there's little warmth in the skies. In just a few hours from now, it'll be dark.

Maybe I suffer, in a mild way, from Seasonal Affective Disorder, but pictures such as that of Norman Cay (above) contrast so beautifully against the London skies that it warms me and keeps me brighter.

Readers interested in Olympic exploits will also note (or even remember, show offs!) that the Bahamas are Olympic medal winners. In the past games, they have scored impressive wins in Track & Field (Triple Jump men, 4x100 relay, 200m and 400m women's races) and in Sailing (Star, men). 9 medals in total. Good work Bahamas.

But reader, can you spot and opportunity? Sure! You'll note that most of the track and field medals have been won by women and that the sailing medal was as long ago as 1964. In summary, they're crying out for a male athlete with sporting ability, capable of medalling in 2012!

That's not me of course.

But it didn't stop me attempting to convince them that I was their man in an email earlier today to Dr. Nicolette Bethel, the minister for Cultural Affairs.

I can just hear it now ... "Representing Bahamas, Jon-the-geologist in the Archery". It could happen!

6 Comments:

  • Is that how you spell 'coup' ?

    By Blogger k_sra, at 7:42 PM  

  • alright you got me... did I spell something wrong? It wouldn't be the first time!

    No response yet from Dr. Bethel. Tsk.

    By Blogger jon, at 7:46 PM  

  • I wrote something else first in which I believe I did the spelling of coup. What happened to that comment?

    By Blogger k_sra, at 8:48 PM  

  • I don't know! Not made it through! This conversation must look awfully strange to other readers!

    By Blogger jon, at 11:08 AM  

  • Can you post a copy of one of your e-mails? We should really be spell-checking these things for you. And I'm curious if you're marketing specific skills (archery, for instance), or just claiming to be an all-around athlete.

    By Blogger Worldgineer, at 4:53 PM  

  • Yes, yes it must. : )

    By Blogger k_sra, at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home