Dear Prince Roy of Sealand

Thursday, December 01, 2005, posted by jon at 11:52 AM | 0 comments

Dear reader,

Across the world there are a handful of small islands that have claimed nation state status for various reasons.

This particular island, Sealand is "conveniently" situated a mere 65-100 miles from the coasts of the Northern European countries. I have no clue what is convenient about this positioning and their otherwise helpful website fails to elaborate.

What I do know is that they have managed to establish their independent state credentials via a ruling the British High Court, which is an important step.

But what's the point of my telling you this as this is not a holiday website and I would suggest that only the hardiest would consider this as a destination.

Well reader, they are looking for athletes. What splendid news, because as you know, that's what I am!

Unfortunately, they are not affiliated with the IOC so currently, they can't offer me a place at the games, but, surely, that's a formality!

More news anon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home