Footbadivollery

Tuesday, December 06, 2005, posted by jon at 1:42 PM | 3 comments

I love reading through my statcounter and seeing who is visiting 2012O-C and catching up on the news. Today's visitors include Helen, Mark and Tom and a charity called Scope. Nice to have you visit. Drop me a comment.

One of today's correspondents suggested that I try and create my own sport and, to quote "...simply get it affliated to the IOC and enter". I suspect that getting a new sport affliated to the IOC is no trivial matter, but it's worthy of consideration.

Got me thinking though : if I was to create a new sport, what kind of sport would you have? My initial (and therefore poorly considered) sport was a sorta football-cum-badminton-cum-ice dance-cum-volleyball-cum-archery, presumably called Footbadivollery in which teams of 4 people kick a shuttlecock over a net and onto a target. Points scored for the closest to the bull, with a minimum of 4 interchanges between players. Extra points scored for artistic flair. Highest score after 11 cocks, wins.

It's a winner isn't it?

3 Comments:

  • Very clever and very strange. If I were a country I would definitely let you compete for me at the olympics. Although there would probably only be a slot left for something arduous and unpleasant like synchronized swimming or ten meter platform diving or some such. So, you didn't pick the winter olympics, I noticed. Any reason for that?

    By Blogger k_sra, at 2:45 PM  

  • well now then...

    I decided to choose a summer Olympics and therefore summer sports simply because of London recently winning the bid for the 2012 games.

    I figured that if the worst came to the worst and I had to pay my own way to the games, I could stay at my Dad's in London and commute to the stadia. £20 a day maximum.

    - J

    By Blogger jon, at 3:10 PM  

  • Hi there. Do you know of other sites like this one (ice skating) where I can meet other people interested in ice skating?
    Many thanks

    By Anonymous Paul, at 2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home