Hard Cash Offer

Tuesday, December 13, 2005, posted by jon at 1:07 PM | 1 comments

A generous correspondent wrote this morning and has offered some sponsorship money for this project. It's not quite the £1m need, but a fair offer never-the-less.

He writes :

"I will pledge money in the following manner:

£1 for every refusal letter you receive from a genuine Country Olympic
Committee (not hoping you fail, just encouraging a good pipeline!)
£50 if you successful gain an interview for a position on their team


£100 if you are successful in gaining an Olympic position"

This is not the only such offer. One was far too rude for me to repeat, but amongst the plausible sponsorship opportunities received, this one has some legs.

"£20 now just for being amusing
£250 if you compete (£100 bonus for carrying flag at opening ceremony)
£500 if you win a gold medal"

Are these ramblings worth £20 of your money? I suspect not - not yet anyway. I absolutely admire the confidence of this correspondent in believing that not only might I get a place, but that I might yet carry the flag on the way to winning a gold medal.

Finally, a stroke of inspired thinking from this correspondent who suggested that I might approach a bookmaker prepared to offer some ridiculous odds on my bid. The publicity of the odds would be good for them and good for me - indeed, if the odds were as good as 100000-1 and the winnings were donated to the cause, that'd be it. Money raised.

Are you a bookmaker? Are you willing to offer me odds on my pulling this feat off? Get in touch!

1 Comments:

  • Wow. No one's offered me money just because I was entertaining. Well, there was that one guy, but I'm not into that kind of entertainment.

    By Blogger k_sra, at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home