How *do* you ask for a place at the Olympics?

Thursday, December 22, 2005, posted by jon at 10:44 AM | 3 comments

A correspondent recently asked if I might publish my email to a world leader : of course.

"My name is [insert name here] and I'm on a mission.

As you may read in my website, I'm looking to win a place at the 2012 Olympics to be held in London and to raise £1m for charities at the same time. Given that I shall be 39 at the time, this is no ordinary mission.

I'm looking for a host nation to give me a place at the Olympics. What will you get in return?

1. Excellent positive publicity given my charitable mission, especially if I'm your first Olympic Competitor
2. The opportunity to help define the charities that will benefit from the money raised.
3. Association with my sponsors.

I am prepared to take joint [insert nationality here] nationality to achieve this aim.

I'd be enormously grateful if you could consider this application and consider too the benefits for your country.

Kind Regards for you and your country,

[insert charming name here]"

3 Comments:

  • Wonderful! Concise, interesting, gives a clear sense of benefit for the host country, and I don't see a single misspelling. I'd hire you.

    By Blogger Worldgineer, at 3:41 PM  

  • What World said, but I have some comments:

    Do you tell them your URL? (I didn't see it, but I suppose it's on the real letters)

    I'd re-iterate that you are serious about this quest

    By Blogger Dub, at 2:31 AM  

  • Nicely done, Pip. (May I call you Pip?) Not a single slovenly mistake. And such neat handwriting. Well done!

    By Blogger k_sra, at 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home