Leotard Alert

Thursday, December 01, 2005, posted by jon at 11:11 PM | 0 comments

Ever since Jean-Christophe Leotard* invented his eponymous item of clothing, women have feared the time when their men-folk take to wearing them. The leotard barely looks attractive on women, but it's it's down-right offensive on men. How should I put it : I think it shows a little too much of the tackle.

One of my readers has suggested that I add Greco-Roman wrestling to my growing list of potential sports. I think this is an awful concept for my fellow man and I'm not sure I can inflict it on the television public. London takes GMT which will mean that the 2012 Olympics is likely to be the most watched Games ever and I'm not sure that I'm totally comfortable with 6.5billion people looking at my nob.

I understand that my current lack of both Greek or Italian citizenship is not a hinderance in this sport but, come now, how much fun would be be to be Italian? My wife would be delighted as she's adamant that if I am to take another nationality, it should be for a warm, sunny country. Personally, I think I may just have to go wherever someone will have me.

Greco-Roman wrestling is officially (but oh so reluctantly) added to the list.

* Totally made up firstname - it was actually Jules, but I think Jean-Christophe was much more....er.... French.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home