Rod Stewart

Friday, December 02, 2005, posted by jon at 10:23 AM | 6 comments

An enthusiastic correspondent has been in touch. It's rather nice to know that people are reading and are getting as excited about this project as I am.

The gentleman who wrote was not Rod Stewart, but I figured that if I entitled my post this way, Google might pick it up and I would gain some new wayward traffic. Mmmm... not just thrown together.

The new sport is Sailing. (see, there was a link after all). I'm reliably informed that it's not too expensive to learn and compete, so on the face of it, it's plausible and will be added to my Sporting Disciplines section is due course.

So. Can anyone lend me a boat? Better still, Sunseeker, would you care to sponsor me? (I know that's not technically sailing, but no harm in having a comfortable way to travel *to* my dinghy?)

On another positive note, your clicking on my adverts above here is helping to raise c. $4 a day from my friends at Google. Advertising alone, should these excellent rates continue, will raise $10k towards my target. A long way to go, but thank you anyway.

6 Comments:

  • Compete in wushu.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:02 AM  

  • Thank you ... Wushu (for those that can't quite get to clicking on the link, is a martial art, ideal for building self-confidence, focus and good also for self-defence.

    My only concern with this sport is how easy it would be in my remaining 7 years to get to a reasonable standard.

    Any advice?

    By Blogger jon, at 11:46 AM  

  • Need to be more specific on the sailing events me thinks. There is an Olympic sailing event called Star Men (.... waiting in the sky, he'd like to come & meet us, etc, etc). No idear what it involves but sounds just the job given that yngling is only open to women (tsk).

    By Anonymous Mr M, at 1:30 PM  

  • I must confess that StarMen just appeals because of the name - although, the song is also good.

    Yngling. Is that Welsh Sailing?

    "Don't worry darling, I'm just off for a yngle. Won't be long".

    Good to see you back Mr M. If RSS is your thing, read 2012OlympicCompetitor.co.uk via RSS feed at :

    feed://2012OlympicCompetitor.blogspot.com/atom.xml

    By Blogger jon, at 1:39 PM  

  • Perhaps you should just start hanging out with sailing teams with olympic asperations. They may need what's known as "rail meat", or people who sit on the windward side of the boat during strong winds to keep the mast vertical.

    It might be fun competing by sitting around for a few hours.

    By Blogger Worldgineer, at 3:58 PM  

  • Good thinking ... as my skin on my hands flails off as ropes skim through them, I can comfort myself that I'm gaining useful Olympic skills.

    That said, I quite fancy sailing as my chosen sport, although it might be a tad expensive.

    By Blogger jon, at 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home