Sport:Country matrix

Sunday, December 04, 2005, posted by jon at 11:14 PM | 0 comments

Dear reader - We've all got to act to maximise our chances. For you, it might mean going that extra mile to win a promotion or payrise but for me, it's about trying to win the place at the Olympics.

I need you to understand that there are certain depths to which I will not plummet to win that all important place. A recent correspondent wrote :

"Dear jon,

Have you considered simply lopping off a foot or pouring acid into your eyes and winning a legitimate place at the paraOlympics.

yours helpfully,

anon"

Well... it would be anonymous wouldn't it? I'm not going to go that far. But, maximise my chances I must and so an elaborate sport:country matrix is as we speak being drafted on my office wall. For each country, I'm recognising their sporting prowess (easy, count medals) and by elimination, identify the sports that they're not so good at.

From here, I merely need convince the authorities that I'm your man should they wish to break their Olympic duck at sport x. It's foolproof, except for the obvious requirement for some skill and experience at the sport in question. But you know me, I'm game, I'll give it a go.

Your homework : Which sport is your country a bunch of ferrets at?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home