Writing to Governments

Saturday, December 31, 2005, posted by jon at 3:36 PM | 0 comments

Over the course of the last 6 weeks, I have written to countless national governments and Olympic organisations - details have been noted in previous postings, you may have read them.

In every instance, my communication has been via email and, save for the governments of Belize and Liechtenstein, I've not received a single reply or acknowledgement. It seems that governements are paying nothing more than lip service to the new age of open communication and websites.

Shame really, it just makes my job slightly harder.

So, my new year resolution (with the new year 8hours away), is to get into the 19th and 20th century and to do some proper letter writing. I suspect that governments will take more kindly to such an approach - well, it's what I hope. The replies will also make a rather pleasing collection for the bathroom.

Happy New Year to you all if I don't see you between now and then.

- J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home