new year, new graphics

Sunday, January 15, 2006, posted by jon at 8:14 PM | 0 comments

Good evening to you all. Those readers who have been popping by during the day may have noticed the odd change occuring. (I'm hoping that you considered them odd as a synonym for infrequent). Most of the work is now complete save for wiring up the new menu to some content - I hope you'll forgive me if I leave that for another day.

Why the change? A good question - I could have certainly used the time today more profitably, like, for example, getting some archery practise in.

A website called www.insidethegames.com which is dedicated to the London bid and subsequent games warned me of possible legal action for any website that infringes the rather stringent rules surrounding Olympic logos. The official London site makes direct reference to the fact that London is "obliged to protect the Olympic Marks in order to raise the funds needed to host the 2012 Games". I'm not a lawyer, but I'm sure that's code for "I'll sue you, your wife and your donkey Gerald for all your collective worth." I personally don't want to lose my house so a minor alteration to remove the rings seemed pertinent. I hope you don't mind.

All this work did detract from my letter writing, which is long due to be the done. Sorry, it'll just have to wait.

- J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home